Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Edvent Calendar: Day 8 (Contexts for Mastery)

Watch this video!

Do you offer students the ability to choose their own contexts when demonstrating mastery of a skill or concept? In the New Zealand Curriculum, the key competencies of thinking, participating and contributing, relating to others, using language, symbols and texts and managing self are very context specific, but we don't always do a good job of offering students the ability to choose the context. I have no idea how Danny Macaskill would go with a pen and pencil or a calculator, but the video below tells me quite a bit about his ability to learn and be creative:

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Mark - I couldn't agree more, in fact this very concept (choosing the context) is my personal mission for next year. I am enjoying the EdVent Calendar...

    ReplyDelete